Thursday, May 24, 2007

i have my first intern job today. it's auditions, and i'm a little nervous but excited at the same time. i'm feeling a little stupid about it though just because the kids in hudson suck. every time someone asks me what school i'm going to i say "actually i'm interning at sos next year" and they look at me with an expression eminating severe pity and say "oh, that's... really cool..." it feels like i'm wasting my life when i talk to them but i know that i'm not and that it's something really good for me and for all of the kids that we touch with the show.

so that's how i'm feeling right now, but you never know, it could get better right? i guess that i just need encouragement right now. i feel really small and insignificant and i'm wondering if i made a mistake by choosing to intern for a year instead of going straight to school.

GOD PLEASE HELP ME TO BE GRACEFUL TONIGHT AND TO BE EXCITED FOR ALL OF THE NEW POTENTIAL ACTORS. GRANT ME PEACEFULNESS AND UNDERSTANDING. CAST OUT ALL OF MY DOUBTFUL THOUGHTS SO THAT I CAN BE HELPFUL AND KIND TO ALL OF THE PEOPLE I SEE TONIGHT, TOMORROW NIGHT, AND ON SATURDAY.

by the way, if anyone knows anyone that's going to be in 9th-12th grade next year who lives within an hour of hudson and who wants to be a part of a theater company, have them come by the fourth street playhouse at four today or tomorrow and they can try out for sos. the tryouts are really fun and so is being in the group. i highly suggest that they at least come and see what it's all about :)

verse to repeat over and over today:
Psalm 119: 143-144 (NLT)
"As pressure and stress bear down on me, i find joy in your commands. Your laws are always right; help me to understand them so i may live."

6 comments:

Katie R. said...

Hannah I don't know you but I read your mom's blog about when you were accepted to your internship and she seemed very proud of you and happy for you. I remember seeing the performances when I was in school and they really had an impact. I know you'll impact a lot of kids in a positive way by working on your internship.

erin said...

Encouragement bullet points:
-The kids who "pity" you are more terrified than you are.
-These same kids will change their major 3 times before their junior year, because they have NO CLUE what they want to do with their lives.
-You're taking a year to do something you love. They're taking a year to...drink.
-You're taking a year to decide what to do with your future, something that I think (and have always thought) shows incredible poise and wisdom (I wish I had had the clarity of sight to know to not rush into school when I was 18!)
-Bottom line, there is no harm in taking a year as an intern. When these kids graduate, many of them will likely become interns themselves--at the age of 23.
-You are not small and insignificant! You have a plan. God likes plans, because plans show that we are willing to MOVE FORWARD.
-Hang in there. In two months they'll be crying on the phone to their moms. I promise.
-I could go on. There's a lot more where this came from.

kristi noser said...

I am proud of the people that are in SOS and care enough about themselves to promise not to do the things that tempt teens to ruin their lives.
I am proud of the work you and the actors do in schools, helping hurting people.
I am proud of the fact that you know what you want to do and you made an adult decision to help people instead of going to college because "that's what everyone does" and that's what's expected.
I am proud that you set a good example that your brother wants to follow.
I am proud of you.

erin said...

So? How did it go?

Carla said...

Hannah, I think you are an amazing young woman and I am very proud of the work you are doing! You are making an impact on so many young lives! You love what you do and it is obvious to those around you. It has been fun watching you grow up!

Brandy Dopkins said...

You truly are a trailforger. I love it. You give me such joy just watching you.