Monday, August 6, 2007

the bridge

I would like everyone out there to pray for my boss Sue. Her nephew was on the 35E bridge when it collapsed and he still hasn't been found, even his car hasn't been found. Sue and her family are havnig a hard time greiving right now because they can't have a funeral or any kind of closure.

Sometimes I can't see where God is. In times like this when this young man has been married for less than a year and he had such a good life ahead of him. I have a friend with an abusive husband and four children and she just puts up with it because she loves God and she has to keep her life together.

where is he?

4 comments:

Katie R. said...

I'll pray for both families.

erin said...

God is here.
He allows awful things to happen to us for a reason. I'm speaking from very recent personal experience here. It would be easy for me to blame God for my husband's accident, but instead I'm trying to honor and glorify him for protecting us from something much, much worse.
Just my two cents.

Carla said...

Loving God does not involve putting up with abuse. My two cents. I will pray too!

Naomi said...

Hey! Are you coming to the shower on Saturday? And the BBQ? Will you leave me a note on my blog and let me know please? Thanks Hannah!