Wednesday, May 16, 2007

term paper

my term paper got 390 out of 500 and i lost a lot of points because i didn't cite things correctly:
instead of
"quote" (citation).
i wrote
"quote (citation)."

and i lost a lot of points because i used "too much borrowed info! not enough of your own opinion." but i thought that because it was a term paper i had to have a lot of facts and that thought was reinforced by my teacher requiring 50 pages of highlighted sources and 50 quote cards, all of which had to be in my paper. i didn't even use all 100 required citations and my 10-page paper was 11 pages long. if i had put in all of my "own opininon" i wouldn't have had room for all of the citations and my paper would have been a gazillion (great band, look them up ♥) pages long.

bah.

2 comments:

erin said...

Gazillion IS a good band.
Sorry about your paper, friend. Send the next one to me.

Brandy Dopkins said...

ah, dang. sorry ding.